Al Prosser's Education
Al Prosser's Education Page
BS Computer Science Cum Laude with minor in Math from
University of Houston, University Park Campus Dec. 1985.
University of Houston Home Page
Computer Science Electives
- Intro 1 - FORTRAN 77
- Intro 2 - Pascal
- Assembly Language - VAX
- Data Structures - The best we had before OOP
- File Structures - Inputs and Outputs
- Digital Logic - required hardware course
- Computer Operations - micro code
- Compiler Design
- Operating Systems
- Artificial Intelligence - LISP
- Numerical Methods 1 and 2 - finding reasonably close solutions
to unsolvable problems.
Math and Science
- Calculus 1, 2, 3, and Advanced
- Linear Algebra
- Probability and Statistics 1 and 2 - a major reason that I do not
- Differential Equations
- Numerical Analysis (4000 level) - similar to Numerical Methods
- Physics 1 and 2 (10 hours including lab)
- Modern Physics 1 and lab (as a free elective, just for fun)
- Physical Geology (hey, at least one easy course!)
Humanoid and Other
- Intro to Fiction - Science Fiction (only English course I liked)
- Philosophy of Science Fiction and Fantasy
- French - 6 hours at 2000 level. Since I learned it in 5th grade
in Zaire, and took it every year through 10th grade, I was able to
test out of the Freshman level.
- Logic 1 - Symbolic Logic - easiest
- Logic 2 - Predicate Logic - not too hard
- Logic 3 - Meta Logic - Ouch!
From Fall 1982 until graduation, worked as a
COOP at IBM Federal Systems
every other semester.
Al went to Bennett High in Buffalo, NY. Class of 1976.
Major was Math/Pre-engineering and French for state credits,
also had city credits for Science and Industrial Arts.
This page formatted to HTML and maintained by Al Prosser
from West Des Moines, Iowa.
Drop Al a line at
email@example.com with any comments.
Back to Al's Home Page www.alprosser19.com/